Beetroot Academy is glad to invite an enthusiastic and initiative Web-design Teacher. We are open for any of your ideas.
Beetroot Academy (http://academy.beetroot.se/) — is a innovative IT school. Our goal is to help students from all walks of life become the best versions of themselves, and lay the groundwork for a career in web development. We educate our students with a firm basis in passion for pushing themselves and development forward. We love developing people almost as much as they love developing software. We’ve taken this to a new level by launching our own school.
Examples of tasks and responsibilities
- Update practically-oriented Back-end courses that are based on real experience and cases
- Teach people, giving them practical skills that directly affect their future occupation quality
- Keep a finger on pulse of latest web trends and provide into courses all the modern cool front-end stuff
- Check students’ level of knowledge and correct the educational process according to their needs
- Take an active part in Beetroot Academy events
- Keep all the students motivated through the course
What we’re looking for
- Experience over 3 years in Back-end (PHP/MySQL) development
- Understanding of OOP, MVC patterns
- Experience in customizing Apache2, PHP directives via configuration files or .htaccess
- Experience in lecturing, taking part in different IT-events as a speaker, teaching methodology understanding
- Leading, tutoring or mentoring experience
- You like questions and provide students with different tips
- Uncontrolled drive and desire to lead and teach. We don’t want boring lectures and formal training. We will welcome all of your crazy ideas
- Strong learning capacity
- High level of spoken and written English
- Knowledge of one or more PHP Frameworks
- Experience in teaching adults
- You love borsch!