The Beetroot family is growing. Maybe you’re our next member?
This time, we’re looking for Software Developer to work with our client – they are cool and fast growing Scandinavian startup. They are building an end user-facing artificial intelligence software product that makes navigation to the most relevant research fast and easy.
The Software Developer will be responsible for the design, modification and implementation of software code. The work will consist of designing particular software segments, planning the designed work and its implementation. The person should support the existing software applications by fixing bugs, writing unit tests and documentation. He or she should participate in the testing process by cooperating with the QAs on setting up environments for testing and preparing releases.
- Work in an agile process in a distributed team with limited connectivity.
- Research, design and implement software systems.
- Work together with QA to make sure that the developed system is working according to specifications.
- Write unit tests and documentation on the developed code.
- Monitor and maintain different environments.
- Develop his/her own skills and take responsibilities for own personal development in the field.
What we’re looking for
- At least 2 year of programming experience
- Solid experience with Java and/or Python, where Python is a preference
- Knowledge in the field of web development – application servers, web services, rest services, JSON, databases
- Knowledge in the field of distributed computing - Apache Hadoop, Spark, Storm or similar
- Proficient analytical / problem-solving skills
- Experience in coding, testing, and debugging programs based on requirements
- Good level of English
- Experience with backend tools such as: PyCharm IDE, Django, REST, MVC, PostgresSQL
- Experience with frontend tools such as: NodeJS and AngularJS
- Bachelor's/master’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- You love borsch!