We are looking to hire an experienced development and operations engineer with great knowledge in Debian, pfSense and FreeBSD.
You will work with our client – a young Swedish-based VPN and IT-security company who provide VPN services that focus on extreme security and usability. The client is one of the top VPN providers in Sweden and are aiming for continued growth.
The role entails managing the operations of their web and VPN servers as well as leading the development of their custom pfSense based VPN router.
They have a hard-working team where everyone is encouraged to speak their mind. They have an entrepreneurial culture where mutual decisions are followed by quick implementations.
Examples of tasks
Your developmental work will be focused on optimizing, simplifying, adding and improving functionality to the VPN router. Moreover, the infrastructure requires constant maintenance, improvements and added functionality. Below are a subset of tasks you will be responsible for.
- Firewall rule development using FreeBSD pf rules
- Custom FreeBSD/Linux kernel compilation
- OpenVPN &network troubleshooting
- Debian, pfSense and OpenWrt software updates
- Testing lightweight distributions in virtual machines.
What we’re looking for
- Proficient in Linux development, pfSense and FreeBSD.
- Strong background in firewalling including layer 2 concepts.
- Knowledgeable in Git, bash and PHP.
- Previous experience in developing network and firewall applications
- Good level of English
- Prior knowledge of OpenVPN is beneficial.
- You love borsch!